Knowing where to get additional Far Cry 6 gunpowder is important because it is the primary resource used to enhance your weapons. The majority of the parts and pieces required to unlock silencers, sights, and other attachments are plentiful, but gunpowder is the currency that pays for everything. And you’ll seldom be able to afford more than two or three Far Cry 6 weapon upgrades at a time. So, if you’re wondering where to find Far Cry 6 gunpowder, we’re about to break down what we know and point you in the right direction.
Where can I get more gunpowder in Far Cry 6?
Far Cry 6 gunpowder is obtained via completing missions, however the majority of it may be found in the world inside the red FND boxes. Road checkpoints frequently have gunpowder within the buildings associated with them, so wipe up any you see as well as any bases or enemy sites you find. (However, keep in mind that you may visit some locations as part of a mission, thus you may wind up clearing out some locations twice but only collecting its resources once.)
You can improve your chances of finding more FND containers and caches by collecting intel and rescuing prisoners. You can also gain more by stealing airdrops, so if you notice any yellow smoke plumes, rush there quickly to seize the stuff before soldiers do. Keep a look out for the following radio icons throughout the world and on the map:
Finding and activating them will initiate an airdrop with a time limit that you must beat in order to reach them. If you arrive before the clock runs out, you’ll be able to claim the airdrop for some gunpowder and other helpful materials such as Supremo Bond.
Locations of gunpowder in Far Cry 6
The map above shows the 25 spots where we’ve found Far Cry 6 gunpowder so far around the world. Obviously, this is not an entire list; You could explore Yara and the offered quests in a different way. However, if you need to buy some gunpowder quickly, this will definitely help you get started.
- During Juan’s Du or Die task, you’ll find your first gunpowder in the fort. It’s in the same chamber as the Uranium, in a crimson FND crate.
- During the Sabotage the Viviro Nueve Plantation task, you can locate some gunpowder on the roof of the blue structure with the Biovida signs.
- One of the ships in the Quito Bay Blockade had some gunpowder on its bridge.
- The ground floor of the mansion you visit as part of the Meet the Monteros task contains gunpowder.
- When you find Chirozo on Montero Farm, you’ll receive some gunpowder as part of the second Chirozo task, Fetch Quest.
- During the Clear the Air assignment, where you have to eliminate the poison tanks, there is some gunpowder between two of the blue and white tents.
- The checkpoint has some gunpowder.
- Gunpowder can be found near the blue and white building you enter as part of the Blood Ties task.
- To get some gunpowder, look for a little electrical substation close off the main road here.
- One of the buildings at the Castillo Senorial Tobacco Factory contains a crate containing gunpowder.
- In the main office, there’s a checkpoint you can blow up with explosives.
- You can take down another checkpoint and find gunpowder within the building.
- There’s a prisoner camp nearby, and you can get some gunpowder from a box. You’ll also come here as part of the Break the Chains task.
- You’ll come across an Academy here during the missions Re-Education, with a FND box containing gunpowder on the ground floor by the stairs.
- Another electrical substation along this road can be broken into to obtain gunpowder from a create.
- Once you’ve cleared off the enemy, you’ll find the Gran Roca Telecom Station on top of a mountain with some gunpowder to take.
- There’s a checkpoint here, and the office has gunpowder.
- In the square, there is a monument with some gunpowder. You’ll also pay a visit as part of your quest to obtain Chicharron the roaster.
- There’s a hotel nearby, and there’s some gunpowder in an office. As part of the objective Room Service, you’ll also pay a visit here.
- There’s a coastline checkpoint here, complete with gunpowder.
- At the very top of the radio tower, there is gunpowder (you visit this area during the mission Restore the Radio Network).
- During the Secure Marquessa Villa mission, you will attack a mansion here. On the ground floor, immediately inside the entrance door, there is gunpowder.
- There’s some gunpowder in the office if you clear the checkpoint.
- Take advantage of this checkpoint to obtain some gunpowder.
- There’s a Biovida facility here with gunpowder in one of its warehouses; it’s also part of the Intervention mission.