While there have been no apparent upgrades to the Switch Online service in recent times, Nintendo did issue a new system firmware update yesterday, which improved the Switch’s reliability and general user experience.
To top it all off, it’s also published a new version for its Online App, which is available for both Android and iOS. It should be a 29MB update for Android smartphones and a 52MB update for iOS devices. The complete patch notes, obtained via Perfectly-Nintendo, disclose that a technical issue with data use has been rectified.
Nintendo Switch Online – Ver. 1.14.0 (Released November 30, 2021)
- A technical problem with the About Data Usage settings has been fixed.
- Other minor adjustments have been made.
Nintendo has also issued a number of small updates, which can be seen on the official support page. The app received its most recent significant update in August. In case you missed it, here are the changes:
Version 1.12.0 (Released August 2, 2021)
- Modified the voice chat screen.
- Additional changes have been made to increase performance and usability.
- Modified the minimum OS version.
- To use this programme, you must have iOS 12.0 or later.
- This programme requires Android OS version 6.0 or later.
If Nintendo adds the most recent patch (Version 1.14.0) to its support page, we’ll update this post. Do you continue to use the Nintendo Switch Online app? Tell us in the comments.