One of the most enjoyable aspects of the MMO universe is the ability to play with a large group of friends at the same time. New World is no exception, with players able to go to war in teams of 50 or embark on adventures with a group of 20 fellow explorers.
If you want to play with your pals in Amazon’s 17th–century realm, make sure your character is levelled to perfection and prepare for some epic group adventures. groups.
Without friends, destroying your enemies is no fun, so here’s how to form groups and play co-op in New World.
How to add friends in New World
Thankfully, adding friends is a lot less traumatic than mustering your forces and destroying enemy strongholds. Another advantage is that you don’t have to be Steam friends to play together. Not only does this make the game more social, but it also ensures that your Steam library isn’t cluttered with strangers you’ve only spoken to once.
Additionally, because cross-world play is currently unavailable, your friends must be on the same world server as you. To play with your buddies in New World follow these steps:
- Using “Esc,” go to the main menu.
- Go to the “Social” menu on the main menu’s left hand side.
- Type your friend’s in-game name into the search bar.
- Click on their portrait when it appears.
- Then you can choose “Add friend.”
- Your new friend will now appear in your list of friends.
How to make groups in New World
- Read more: Where to find sheep in New World?
You’ll certainly doubt want to participate in some of the game’s group activities now that you’ve gathered a merry gang of murderous misfits. There’s a lot to do in Aeternum, from laying siege to another party to stealing their outposts.
However, you won’t want to go in by yourself, so assemble a group:
- On your friend list, pick your allies (wisely).
- Choose “Add to group” from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, you may add them to a group in Social by going to the “Group” tab.
- A blue waypoint will be displayed in-game for your teammate.
That’s how you play New World with your friends! Make sure to check out our other New World guides.