It’s hard to find an RPG fan who doesn’t know two key projects for the entire gaming industry – Diablo and Path of Exile.
Even though POE was created as an inspiration and refinement of all the main aspects of similar projects, it still has unique mechanics and interconnected elements that will greatly simplify your gaming experience if you learn how to use them.
This guide will be aimed at analyzing the main mechanics and ways to gain experience, but you can use the poe boosting service at any time to quickly move on to the end-game content of the season, bypassing the acts.
Initial build selection
Starting to play PoE, you will quickly understand that everything is decided by the build that you choose for your hero, and the general specialization of the character does not play a role in the selection of the build.
Some of them will be strongly tied to level and equipment, but in their main sense it is the use of a certain skill with its pros and cons to improve leveling.
If you choose the right one, or rather the build that is comfortable for you and therefore the right build, then you will quickly complete your acts, or buy POE boost and start playing in the end game.
Let’s look at the main abilities that you can use in your build for the hero:
- Chain of Lightning – You release a chain of lightning that attacks an enemy and jumps to other enemies, but the damage is reduced. Has a chance to shock the target, that is, stun and prevent him from moving and hitting.
- Blade Whirlwind – You summon knives that will fly around you and deal damage to all enemies that enter the radius. The duration of action is 10 seconds and when upgrading knives it will be longer, which means that the interval of strikes and the probability of causing critical damage will increase.
- Fire traps – You set special bombs that explode after 4 seconds, or immediately upon contact with opponents. All affected targets receive damage and a burning effect, which deals additional damage for an additional 2 seconds.
- Storm Brand – You use a storm mark that attaches to an enemy and deals storm-elemental damage to them and surrounding enemies until the main target is killed. Then you need to brand the new enemy, otherwise the damage will stop.
- Static Charge – Charge your melee weapon with the power of lightning and build up a charge by attacking your opponent. You can accumulate up to three levels of power, which determines the number of lightning bolts that will be activated. If during attacks you change your location and cause damage while moving, then the total damage to enemies will be increased.
- Mark of Armageddon – You place a mark on an enemy that activates a meteor for 5 seconds that will fall once per second and deal damage to the target and enemies around it. After the target’s death, a new brand must be applied.
- Dissection – You will need a sword or an ax. You will be able to describe a circle around you using piercing or slashing weapons and attack all surrounding enemies. If you use a combined weapon, then the damage is calculated based on a strength equal to 60% of each of them.
- Firestorm – You unleash multiple fireballs at a target area. The first hit will deal increased damage compared to the remaining two.
- Blizzard – You release waves of cold around you and freeze surrounding enemies. The skill can be combined with other cold skills to enhance their overall potential.
- Winter Sphere – You create a sphere of cold above your head that stores projectiles and fires them at surrounding enemies. The longer the charge takes, the greater the damage will be.
- Spark – You release a spark of lightning that will seek out a target to deal damage. If the enemy is not found, the spell will dissipate.
- Cleansing Flame – You create a straight line with the power of sacred fire, which deals damage to all enemies touched and adjacent to the line. Having accumulated sufficient power, the spell will burst out and cause damage to enemies who were not damaged before.
Try to avoid builds around the bow, as it only gains momentum late in the game, unless you are going to buy POE services to skip the act stages and immediately get an overclocked hero.
For optimal leveling, use build formats that deal high damage regardless of factors and do not waste a lot of resources.
It is better to choose independent effects – this means those skills whose damage does not depend on whether the enemy is on them or not.
A blizzard would be an excellent option, since it does not give the enemy the opportunity to even attack or get close to you, but it depends on your mana reserve and the chosen class.
Selecting items that drop from monsters
In games that are overflowing with various loot, many inexperienced gamers have a strong desire to collect literally everything that can be picked up.
This is not quite the right strategy, but you will come to it yourself. For comparison, even POE boost service, which leaves all valuable items as a bonus, but the booster will select truly useful items, and not just a mountain of garbage.
Gradually you will stop collecting even things of the blue level, but in the first stages it is quite possible to do this for the sake of getting gold. Over time, it is better to stop, otherwise your inventory will become too clogged, which will lead to a hitch when knocking out really valuable items.
Particular attention should be paid to jewelry of any level, because it provides additional bonuses that will never be superfluous.
For the remaining items, it is better to constantly raise the bar and gradually move to the yellow level as the minimum for selection.
Tips and bonuses for beginners
Try not to clutter your inventory with scrolls of wisdom, much less buy them.
During the game, you will receive spheres of wisdom, which are of little use anywhere except in exchange for similar scrolls from NPCs at the rate of one sphere for four scrolls.
This will simplify your process of identifying new items and will not clutter your inventory.
All interesting progress for players will begin not only from the first acts, but also after their completion, when a full-fledged endgame begins and the accumulation of spheres to strengthen the main builds for your character.
Some players are looking for cheap poe boost services in order to immediately move on to the endgame, since Path of Exile has a season system with constant wipes and many simply do not like replaying the same acts over and over again.
It is worth considering that this format does not necessarily break your entire gameplay, especially if you decide to buy poe boosting before a certain act in order to simply speed up.