Welcome to our ‘Elden Ring: How To Defeat Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy’ guide. There are three paths to Rykard. The first is to join the Volcano Manor, which unlocks most of the chambers. Find the hidden path in the first chamber on the right and keep walking. This will take you to additional destinations, one of which features a boss fight gateway.
The second choice is to execute Tanith’s directives. A letter from the Volcano Manor is on the table in the left chamber. This will place a red marker on your map. You’ll have to get there and slay multiple intruders. Tanith will then ask you to meet the Volcano Manor’s leader. If you say yes, you’ll be led to him.
How to defeat Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy?
- When you enter the arena, there is a weapon to your left. It has unique interactions with Rykard, including long-range aerial strikes. It makes the boss battle lot easy, therefore equip it.
- Using Mimic’s ashes will help combat Rykard. When summoning Mimoc, only use the weapon you received at the arena’s entry. This increases Mimic’s use of this weapon.
- Using a Weapon Skill (L2 on PS4/PS5) charges the attack and hits the boss hard. Long-range assault that knocks the monster off balance and prevents him from acting.
- Even if you rarely use a shield, have one ready at the fight’s start. The boss can cause an earthquake that is nearly hard to dodge. The shield will help decrease the harm.
- A talisman against fire damage is also useful. The boss will approach towards you, creating lava on the ground, causing fire damage. Others do the same.
- The second phase begins after erasing the full health bar.
How to fight the Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy?
Begin by entering the arena and equipping the spear. It features unique interactivity for this boss battle. Fear not being assaulted. The boss is at the end of the arena and will only awaken when approached. Remove all other regular weapons from your build after equipping the spear so Mimic can only fight with it.
Then approach the monster but avoid the lava zone. Use weapon skills (L2 on PS4/PS5). When the boss is hit by a weapon skill, his posture shakes.
If you activate this talent soon away, the boss will receive more damage, but he will be unbalanced. You should use the skill, then pause. The boss will be unable to attack.
Meanwhile, replenish your mana using Cerulean Tears Flasks. Using this weapon’s skill requires mana, and without it, you can’t utilise the air attack. Have more Cerulean Tears than Crimson Tears Flasks.
If you fail to do so, stay away from Rykard, especially in the second phase when the lava’s range is considerably larger. When his HP is low, he will create multiple fireballs that will occasionally hit you. They won’t detonate right away, but rather later.
In this situation, you must kill Rykard immediately to escape his strikes and fireballs.
What’s the reward for defeating Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy?
Defeating Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy, rewards 130,000 Runes, the Blasphemous Rememberance, and Rykard’s Great Rune.
We hope you liked our ‘Elden Ring: How To Defeat Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy?’ guide. Stay tuned for more such guides and articles related to all your favorite and exciting games.