Apple has released the second beta update of the upcoming iOS 16.3 to developers
Apple iOS 16.3 Beta 2: The second beta version of the next iOS 16.3 from Apple has been distributed to developers. New features in the updated software include the ability to use physical Security Keys to increase an Apple ID’s security. The two-factor authentication codes that are currently supplied to Apple devices will be replaced by Security Keys. The update also simplifies the procedure for moving music between an iPhone and a HomePod. According to MacRumors, the Cupertino company will release the stable version in February 2023.
The iOS 16.3 and iPadOS 16.3 beta upgrades are now available for download by public beta testers who have joined Apple’s free beta testing programme. Apple Developer Program members can access beta versions of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. Members get access to tools for creating apps that take advantage of Apple’s newest features and for testing the compatibility of preexisting apps with those features.
How to install iOS and iPadOS beta software
- Click Sign Up on the Apple Beta page and register with your Apple ID.
- Log in to the Beta Software Program.
- Download the configuration profile from the download page.
- Connect your device to a power cord and connect to Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install”.
- To update now, tap Install.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.