YouTube is a wonderful website full of videos for all different interests and ages. However, there are many times when you may want to download and keep a video. YouTube, however, does not allow downloads from their website directly. So how can one get around that? There are several ways that the process can be done!
Use Video Downloading Software
There is a variety of software available to download videos from YouTube. Many of these pieces of software require the user to install them on their computer, and once they do, they will be able to surf the Internet as usual and find options for downloading video files. The vdownloader.com site is becoming popular due to its versatile video downloading software. It is compatible with both Windows and MAC operating system versions and is easy to install and operate. It can be utilized as free downloadable software or a paid exclusive premium software. Whichever subscription plan you prefer, you are guaranteed to have a seamless viewing experience with no annoying pop-ads or upgrade notifications. Most types of video downloading software generally follow the same process of installation and operation like the ones described below.
- First, find a good video converter software that has the latest features and requirements so that it will run properly on your system. Make sure they have all of these features in order for them to work correctly – a free trial version is available so you won’t have to wait long before enjoying their benefits yourself!
- Next, copy and paste the URL from YouTube into the converter application to start downloading.
- The download process will begin immediately, and you can see a thumbnail of your video in the lower frame of your screen. Once it’s finished downloading, choose a directory where you want it to be saved and click on the “Save” button. You can also select multiple videos together for simultaneous download by checking out the box next to each video title. Pause any downloads that are running in order to take advantage of this option!
- In order for all software features to work properly, you need to have Flash Player installed on your computer – if not, then simply download it from here. If flash player is enabled when using video converters there won’t be any problems with playback or you won’t receive any annoying “missing plugin” messages like you might when streaming video on the web.
- You can choose a resolution you want to download your files in – starting from 480p, 720p, and up to 2160p which will give you the ultimate viewing experience. Sometimes there can be a greater resolution available, but if it doesn’t fit your monitor the picture will be smaller so don’t worry about that. The file size is very small anyway typically less than 200MB even for full HD quality videos!
- After all file converting is done simply click on the “Open Folder” button next to each video title to find your downloaded media files from YouTube. That’s it! Now enjoy watching videos from YouTube with your own copy of Video Converter Software.
Videos that cannot be downloaded using the above software can be viewed and downloaded by pasting the HTML code into any browser window. This method may not work for all videos, but it’s worth looking into if other methods haven’t worked. Closely check a video downloading website if it provides a link that contains the HTML code for downloading a YouTube video or any other video stream. You can then paste this link in the address bar of the browser window you are using to view this article.
Use Mobile Applications
There are numerous applications that can be downloaded onto one’s smartphone or tablet device, allowing them to download videos directly from YouTube onto their mobile device when they want to watch them offline without an Internet connection. Most of these applications are free and easy to use, but it’s important to check what features come with the application before making a decision. Below are the general steps for using mobile video playing/downloading applications:
- Search the Google Play Store or iTunes for “YouTube downloader” or an equivalent.
- Review the apps that come up, and decide which one you want to use.
- Download the app you chose to your phone.
- Start using!
After following these steps, you should be able to start downloading videos onto your mobile device for self-use. Some services require a paid subscription after a certain amount of downloads, but other than that, all of them are free to use! Now get out there and access YouTube at any time on your phone!