Shooting in a Los Angeles park has left two people dead and five more injured
Sunday afternoon’s shooting at a Los Angeles park where automobiles were on exhibit claimed the lives of two individuals and left five others injured, authorities said.
Los Angeles Police Capt. Kelly Muniz said during an early evening press conference that the incident in San Pedro’s Peck Park may have involved more than one shooter and appears to have started with a dispute between two parties.
There were “Some weapons were found,” she stated.
Cmdr. Jay Mastick, the Los Angeles Police Department’s Harbor Area commander, stated earlier that four people were in severe condition.
Fire Capt. Erik Scott of the Los Angeles Fire Department stated the victims ranged in age from 3 to 54.
As many as 500 people gathered at the park before shooting rang out to see an impromptu auto display, according to Muniz. The captain clarified, “It was not necessarily permitted,”
She claimed that the baseball diamond in the park was the original location of the victims.