Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl: How to catch Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr
The Johto starter can be found in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl by trainers. In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, here’s how to find Totodile, Croconaw, and Feraligatr.
Players can catch Pokemon from past generations in the BDSP. Fans of the Johto series can exhale a sigh of relief, as popular characters like Cyndaquil are included in the game.
Totodile, a Fire-type starter, may also be found in the Sinnoh remakes. In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, here’s how to catch it and evolve it into Croconaw and Feraligatr.
Totodile’s location in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Players who want to add Cyndaquil to their team must first complete the game before looking for the Gen II Pokemon.
We’ll show you how to unlock the Johto starter and where to find it once it starts appearing on the map in the sections below.
- Before Totodile will spawn, you will need to first complete the Sinnoh Dex by seeing all 150 Pokemon. After doing this you must obtain the National Pokedex from Professor Rowan in Sandgem Town.
- After getting the extended Dex, travel to Jublife City and use the Explorer Kit to access the Grand Underground.
- Tototodile can be found in the Fountainspring or Riverbank Caverns, or any water Hideaway. On your map, the room looks like either blue squares or split down the middle with green.
- Enter any water Hideaway and exit if you don’t see the Johto starter. Simply re-enter the room over and over again to reset the spawn until you eventually see Totodile.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl : How to Get Croconaw
You must gather enough experience points after catching Totodile in the Grand Underground to transform it into Croconaw.
- Totodile will evolve into Croconaw upon reaching level 18. Players can earn XP to evolve it by taking the Water-type starter into random battles.
- Trainers can also use Rare Candy if they want to quickly evolve it. The consumable automatically boosts your Pokemon by one level.
Feraligatr’s Evolution in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Totodile will be captured at levels 58-63 because it is located in the Grand Underground after unlocking the National Pokedex.
This is fantastic news since Croconaw can be evolved into Feraligatr with just one Rare Candy – yep, you read it correctly!
It’s as simple as that. Because Totodile is a rare spawn in the Grand Underground, it may take a few tries to find it in the Hideaways.