Tom Cruise is soaring high in his new Top Gun picture, and Microsoft Flight Simulator has taken advantage of this by adding some special stuff to the game to pay homage to the hot release.
Top Gun Maverick is a surprise sequel that bridges the 36-year gap between the original and the franchise’s most recent movie. It further solidifies Tom Cruise’s position as the GOAT in many people’s eyes, and he is without a doubt one of Hollywood’s greatest ever stars.
Microsoft Flight Simulator has climbed to the top in its own right in recent years, with the current game being a critical phenomenon and maybe the greatest portrayal of realistic flight we’ve ever seen.
When you combine the two components, you have a fantastic crossover that provides fans the best of both worlds that they can participate in.
How to Get the Free Top Gun Expansion for Microsoft Flight Simulator?
To receive the expansion on your Xbox or PC, just download it and it will be immediately accessible for you.
To summarize briefly:
- Launch ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator’
- Select ‘Maverick Activities’ from the home page
- Click to download
- Wait for it to install
- Start up the game again and enjoy!
To clarify, this additional material for Microsoft Flight Simulator is absolutely free with the purchase of the game.
What does the Top Gun expansion include?
If you own the game and successfully add the content to your hardware, the following are the goods you will get, according to an official blog post:
- Three training missions for the F/A-18E plane
- A carrier deck landing challenge
- Five high-speed, low-level challenges
- A Top Gun Maverick Edition livery for the F/A-18E Super Hornet plane as operated by Tom Cruise in Top Gun
- A never-before-unveiled hypersonic aircraft
If you’re wondering why there’s a livery for the F/A-18E Super Hornet rather than the real jet, it’s because it’s already in the game and was added last year.