The update cycle for League of Legends patch 11.17 has begun— here are all the early LoL notes and changes coming in the August 25 update, including the long-awaited Viego nerfs, changes for Lucian and Amumu, updates for Fleet Footwork, new Crime City skins, and more.
Here’s all the details on League of Legends patch 11.17, coming in two weeks.
When is League of Legends patch 11.17 releasing?
On Wednesday, August 25, the next Season 11 update, LoL patch 11.17, will be released on time. The download will begin on Oceanic servers about 10 a.m. AEDT, followed by a worldwide deployment throughout the remainder of the day.
Here are all of the main LoL patch release dates:
- 3am PT (NA)
- 5am GMT (EUW)
- 3am CET (EUNE)
- 8am KR (Korea)
What’s new in League of Legends patch 11.17?
Viego to finally cop nerfs
Since his appearance in 11.2, the Ruined King has polarised League of Legends players. Viego is a hugely popular character (he still has a 13.63% play rate months after his release), but his dominance in ranked and pro play — where he has a whopping 77.5% presence — has irritated some.
Riot is finally nerfing him after fifteen patches.
These long-awaited adjustments will be released in League of Legends patch 11.17, and they will include significant nerfs to his healing passive, Q, E, ultimate, and other abilities.
Lucian’s time in mid lane is up.
On August 10, Riot revealed planned Lucian changes. There’s a new passive called “Vigilance” that grants the marksman bigger ally boosts, lower mana costs for his W ability, and damage-based modifications to his Culling ultimate.
The ADC’s stats have been tweaked slightly as well.
Lucian’s two signature abilities, “Piercing Light” (Q) and “Relentless Pursuit” (E), will not be included in the League of Legends patch 11.17 modifications.
Crime City, Phoenix skins revealed
Riot Games is releasing five “Crime City” cosmetics and three “Phoenix” skins in the forthcoming League of Legends update.
The Phoenix skins are new, while the Crime City skins are part of an ever-growing array of Mafia-themed cosmetics in the game. These are labelled Divine, Graceful, and Brave, and appear to be the beginning of a new Runeterra alternate-universe set.
Here are all of the new League of Legends skins:
- Crime City Nightmare
- Akali — 1350 RP
- Darius — 1350 RP
- Shaco — 1350 RP
- Twisted Fate — 1350 RP
- Zyra — 1350 RP
- Divine Phoenix Anivia — 1350 RP
- Graceful Phoenix Seraphine — 1350 RP
- Brave Phoenix Xayah — 1350 RP
Amumu is getting some big changes in League Of Legends patch 11.17.
Amumu’s career as a jungler in League of Legends Season 11 has seen its ups and downs. At higher levels of play, his power is currently lacklustre. With a win rate of 43.61 percent above Platinum, he has the lowest win rate of all junglers.
Changes are on the way for Amumu fans; the designers plan to give him a “well-deserved” power boost, making the sad mummy a little happier.
Amumu’s classic Q ability, Bandage Toss, will now have two charges once League of Legends patch 11.17 is released, according to balance dev Jeevun Sidhu.
League of Legends patch 11.17 early notes
- Coming soon…
- Read all the planned Amumu changes here.
- Passive damage against monsters 150% ⇒ 200%.
- R cooldown 140-80 ⇒ 120-80.
- Coming soon…
- Q mana cost 60 ⇒ 80.
- Q heal 12-20% attack damage ⇒ 8-16%.
- Passive bonus magic damage 12-44% ⇒ 8-30%.
- W bonus armor/magic resist 20-45 ⇒ 15-40.
- Attack damage 53 ⇒ 55.
- Q mana cost 60-80 ⇒ 55-75.
- Read all the planned Lucian changes here.
- Base health 475 ⇒ 490.
- W mana cost 70-130 ⇒ 70-110.
- Attack speed ratio 0.4 ⇒ 0.45.
- Crit damage 150% ⇒ 160%.
- Passive soul rate drop on minion kill 4.166% ⇒ 8.33%.
- E damage on-hit 11-55 ⇒ 14-58.
- Read all the planned Viego changes here.
- Q cast time 0.25 ⇒ 0.25-0.1 scaling with attack speed.
- R damage 125-375 ⇒ 200-400.
- Q attack damage ratio 1 ⇒ 1.1
- E ratio 80 ⇒ 0.65.
- R cooldown 120-60 ⇒ 120-80.
- Attack damage 40 ⇒ 35.
- Health 300 ⇒ 400.
- Lethality 18 ⇒ 12.
- On-hit magic damage 15-80 (linear scaling levels 1-18) ⇒ Non-linear scaling (15 levels 1-8, 25-80 levels 9-18).
- New build (2900 gold total):
- Serrated Dirk
- Caulfield’s Warhammer
- 700 gold
- Attack damage 60 ⇒ 55.
- Added: Now has 15 ability haste.
- Ranged healing from minions effectiveness 20% ⇒ 10%.
- Heal 30-60 (+30% bAD) (+20% AP) ⇒ 10-100 (+50% bAD) (+35% AP).
- [New] Melee healing from minions is 30% effective.
LoL patch 11.17 skins