Are you eager to place a stake in your team’s possibility of victory in the Super Bowl? Do you want your team to make the playoffs and also finish with a certain number of victories? What if we told you that you can do all that even more? Enter NFL futures. There are several ways to bet on NFL futures.
Today, we look at the NFL futures options available at VA sports betting sites, as well as some tips to help with your wagers.
What Is an NFL Futures Bet?
NFL futures betting is a type of bet that involves predicting an outcome in the NFL season. This outcome is usually decided at a later stage of the season, so it’s not just about the week’s matches. Often, these bets center around end-of-season results like which team will win a championship or what player will bag an award. If your player or team wins the event on which you placed a bet, you automatically win your bet.
When to Make an NFL Futures Bet
Most bettors would argue that placing NFL futures bets before the beginning of the regular season is most ideal, but that isn’t required. In fact, most NFL future markets stay open all season, with sportsbooks constantly adjusting odds on team and player performances. The odds shifts may happen weekly or even daily, so the goal is placing your bet when the plus-odds are at their highest.
Types of NFL Futures Bets
Here are the common types of NFL player future bets you can make:
Super Bowl Futures
Super Bowl futures involve betting on a team that will win the Super Bowl. One thing to note is the last ten winners in this category have excelled in at least 11 regular season games, so it’d be unwise to place a Super Bowl futures bet on a team that didn’t perform well the previous season.
Conference Championship Futures
If you are confident that a particular team will make the Super Bowl but are uncertain whether it will last one standing, a conference championship wager would be the way to go. This type of bet involves predicting which team will emerge as the winner in their respective conference, whether NFC or AFC.
Typically, every conference comprises several divisions. Division futures bets involve forecasting teams that will win in their divisions.
Team Win Total Futures
If you looking to make the most out of your wagers, you can consider placing a team win total wager. This is a straightforward bet and the perfect alternative for betting on several games every week. In the bet, you predict the total number of wins a particular team in the NFL will achieve throughout the entire season.
This type of bet allows you to wager on anything from the NFL Coach of the Year to the Defensive Rookie of the Year.
NFL Futures Betting Strategies
Ready to embark on your journey of NFL futures betting? Below are some tips to carry you through.
- Start Value Hunting Early: There are always players and teams that are undervalued every season. Before the season starts, start by identifying them. You can do this by assessing draft picks, player trades, and coach changes, among other things.
- Understand Season Dynamics: How is the season shaping up? Things like team schedules, upcoming matchups, injuries, and team performances in certain situations can help make some predictions for the season.
- Shop for the Best Odds: Different sportsbooks could offer different odds for a similar bet. So, look around for the best odds to improve your winning chances.
- Bankroll Management: An NFL futures bet is a long-term investment, so it is vital that you effectively manage your money. It’d be unwise to place too large bets on a single outcome. Instead, consider placing wagers on several futures bets.
- Hedge Your Bets: You may get chances to hedge your bets as the season peaks. If you have a promising bet, but circumstances change, consider placing extra bets to cushion you against potential losses.
These should help you get started on the right foot.