How to catch Ditto in Pokemon Go
Catching Ditto in Go isn’t an easy task. Ditto is capable of shapeshifting and disguising as other pokemon which makes it tougher to get one of them.
One way is to scatch every Pokemon listed below that you come across in the overworld. In order to get Ditto, you need to catch at least a few characters across the map and hope it reveals itself as Ditto.
Niantic has retired both Paras and Bidoof from Ditto’s roster, and the Kanto bug was replaced by Gen V Dark-type, Purrloin.
What Pokemon can be Ditto? Ditto disguises in Pokemon Go (July 2021)
These are all the current Ditto disguises. If this listing changes ahead we’ll make sure to update you with any new additions or ‘mon that are rotated out.
Ditto Disguises in 2021
Useful tips for Catching Ditto in Pokemon Go
There are some useful tips Trainers can follow to catch this amazing character Ditto in the world:
- Incense can be used to increase spawn rates. Travel around and catch every monster that’s on the list above. Wait for a special event that increases Incense from 60 minutes to three hours to get the maximum effect.
- Even if you are only casually looking at the overworld while at home, make sure to use the Nearby tracker feature which lists Pokemon that are close to you. If any of the above ‘mon appear, click them and head to their location on the map.
- Once a day, throw down a Lure at PokeStops. Look for any of the monsters on the list and catch every single one of them to increase your chances of catching Ditto.
- Join a local Pokemon Go group on Facebook or Reddit. Players and friends will often share when a Ditto has been spotted, and other Trainers can go to that location for a limited time and find it.
- Dittos are not unique to an individual player. If you or a friend finds a Ditto disguises as a Pokemon, the other player can also catch it if they can get to it in time.