In FIFA 22, the passing and crossing controls aren’t that dissimilar. There are a total of 17 different combinations.
They range from simple Ground Passes and Crosses to more advanced movements such as Driven Lobbed Through Passes, Whipped Crosses, and others.
Here’s a list of all of them:
- Ground pass (X/A) — A short pass is a ground pass that sends the ball a short distance to a teammate.
- Lob Pass/Cross (▢/X) — A lob pass is a high-arc aerial pass that is utilized to throw the ball to a teammate. This strategy can also be used to cross players.
- Low Cross (▢ + ▢/X + X) – When passing the ball into the opponent’s box, double-tapping the lob button will conduct a low-range cross.
- Through Pass (△/Y) — A between pass is a forward pass that travels through your opponent’s defenders into an open area, allowing your attackers to run onto the ball.
- Threaded Through Pass (R1 + △/RB + Y) — A through pass which is more straight and lets the ball bounce so it brings more perspective to your pass.
- Driven Ground Pass (R1 + X/RB + A) — A ground pass that is powered and is faster than a normal pass. This type of pass has better accuracy but is harder to control.
- Lofted Ground Pass (X + X/A + A) — A short ground pass that flies low and close to the ground in order to avoid interceptions by defenders.
- Lofted Through Pass (△ + △/Y + Y) — A through pass which goes over the head of your opponent’s defenders – technically, a combination of through ball and lob pass.
- Driven Lobbed Through Pass (L1 + R1 + △/LB + RB + Y) — A lobbed through pass which is more straight and lets the ball bounce so it brings more perspective.
- Driven Lob Pass/Cross (R1 + ▢/RB + X) — A lob pass with more power and pace than a lob ground pass.
- High Lob (L1 + ▢/LB + X) — A lob pass with more height. Can be useful for crossing to bypass your opponent’s defenders and keeper when you have tall strikers.
- Flair Pass (L2 + X/LT + A) — A fancy and powerful ground pass that is less accurate than Driven Pass, but more powerful.
- Flair Lob (L2 + ▢/LT + X) — A lob pass with even more height than a high lob.
- Whipped Cross (R1 + L1 + ▢/RB + LB + X) — These fast, dangerous crosses travel through the box and are perfect for a teammate to just ‘put their head in the way.’
- Driven Cross (R1 + ▢/RB + X) — Similar to whipped crosses, this cross is fast and dangerous but tends to travel at waist height, being ideal for a volley or shot.
- Ground Driven Cross (R1 + ▢, then ▢/RB + X, then X) — A swift cross that travels on the ground.
- Creative Runs (Flick R3 in the desired direction) — Makes a teammate perform a “creative run” in a specific direction off the ball.