There are over a dozen car warranty companies on the market today. It can be challenging to find the right company, especially if you don’t know where to start. Luckily, this article contains all the information you need to make the right decision.
Below is a list of the best extended car warranty companies for 2022. But first, here’s a list of characteristics and features to look for in a car warranty company.
What to Look for in a Car Warranty Provider
The best extended car warranty companies should have the following:
- High Customer Ratings – Customer reviews give you a peek into how a company treats its customers. Check Google, Trustpilot, RealReviews.io and the BBB for reviews and ratings on the provider you’re aiming for.
- Strong Reputation – Besides high customer ratings, you also want a provider with a great track record of successful transactions. Check what companies get services from this provider. For example, CARCHEX is endorsed by several industry-leading companies like DMV.org, AMAC, Carfax, and SiriusXM—among many others.
- Long Company History – The best providers have services that can withstand the tests of time. You should only work with companies that have been in the industry for at least five to 10 years. This ensures that a company has had extensive experience in common car warranty issues and can reliably provide clients with solutions.
- Affordable/Flexible Services – Different car owners have varying needs and preferences. The best car warranty providers have affordable and flexible car warranty solutions to meet client needs.
Best Extended Car Warranty Providers
The following companies are the best in the industry based on the considerations laid out above. Take a look at each profile and see if any of them works for you.
No. 1 – CARCHEX
CARCHEX is available in 50 states and has a high mileage limit of 250,000 miles. It’s one of the longest-standing car protection companies in the industry. It has received multiple awards over the years, some of which include:
- Top Employers in Baltimore
- Silver Winner in the 2017 Golden Bridge Awards
- Eight-time honoree for the fastest-growing company award from the Inc. 5000
The company has an A+ rating on the BBB. Additionally, they have a long history of satisfied customers willing to vouch for their services and products.
Costs for a warranty from CARCHEX range between $100 to $160 per month. This number can vary slightly, depending on the plan that you choose.
CARCHEX plans are customizable, so you can add and remove services as you see fit. Besides protection, you also get roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and trip interruption.
No. 2 – CarShield
If you’re looking for an affordable extended car warranty provider, CarShield is a great option to consider. They offer services in almost every state, except for California. Plus, they have a mileage limit of 300,000 miles.
The costs for getting CarShield services range from $89 to $130 a month—a better deal than other offers on the market.
Besides affordability, policyholders can also enjoy emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursements, and trip interruption from CarShield.
No. 3 – Protect My Car
Protect My Car has slightly more limitations than the two previously mentioned companies. They offer services in almost every state, except the following:
Their extended car warranty has a slightly lower mileage limit (125,000 miles) than most providers. However, for $58 to $79 per month, it seems like a relatively good deal.
No. 4 – Olive
Olive is possibly the most accessible option on this list. Its application process is purely online. Plus, you don’t have to go through a long waiting process, like with most providers on the market.
For just $64 per month, you can get a 185,000-mileage limit, maintenance coverage, repair coverage, and many more.
You can cancel and recontinue your subscription to its services at any time. This is great for those who only want to pay for services whenever they need them.
No. 5 – AA Auto Protection
AA Auto Protection has been around for over 32 years. They aren’t the most popular provider, but they do offer high-quality services at an affordable $100 per month.
With that, you get roadside assistance and rental car reimbursements. You also receive other benefits such as maintenance coverage, repairs coverage, and more.
Finding a reliable car warranty provider can be tricky, especially with so many of them flooding the market. The secret is to know what exactly you should look for in a company.
Besides reputation and experience, you should also look for a company that offers affordable rates. The providers on this list should meet all of these criteria – and more.