Walt Disney World celebrates the start of the holiday season
Now that November has arrived, it appears that Walt Disney World is ready to begin celebrating the holiday season! The Magic Kingdom is already decked out in holiday decorations (including the iconic Main Street USA Christmas Tree), and guests with sharp eyes will notice that this year’s decorations include new EARidescent elements to commemorate Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
In addition, from now until the end of the year, the holiday-themed Jingle Cruise overlay of the Jungle Cruise has debuted in Adventureland, taking guests on a holly jolly tour of the world’s most exotic rivers.
Here’s a quick rundown of everything else going on at Walt Disney World during the holidays:
- Castle Projections – Watch in awe as Cinderella Castle is transformed with cheerful projections.
- Seasonal Décor – Explore holly, jolly trimmings and theming throughout Main Street, U.S.A.
- Limited-Time Treats – Indulge in holiday-inspired food and beverages available for purchase at select locations.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sunset Seasons Greetings – Behold a captivating projection show on the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
- Santa Claus Motorcade– Catch the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, where old St. Nick will travel up Hollywood Blvd. In his candy-apple red convertible, packed with a sack of presents!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Look forward to an unforgettable finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Merry Menagerie – A whimsical winter celebration awaits you at Discovery Island. By day, look for life-size, artisan-sculpted animal puppets—including reindeer, foxes and polar bears. And at night, colorful rooftop luminaries and bird lanterns light up the sky.
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla – See Santa Claus as he sails down the Discovery River to a jolly, world-beat holiday soundtrack.
- Donald’s Dino Bash Festive Flotilla – Spot Donald Duck and friends taking their holiday celebration to the water, waving to everyone as they traverse the Discovery River.
- Chip & Dale’s Festive Flotilla– Groove with Chip ‘n’ Dale as they bring their own style of festive flair to the park’s waterways, jingling through the jungle to the rhythm of the holidays.
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla – Feel the beat as a colorful group of percussionists cruise along the Discovery River, entertaining Guests like you on the shore.
- Tree of Life Awakenings – Holiday Edition, The Tree of Life shimmers and sparkles each evening, accompanied by a heartwarming musical score
The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays kicks off November 26th and will include the following:
- Holiday Kitchens –Take a stroll around the world and sample tasty treats from holiday kitchens celebrating the most magical time of the year.
- Candlelight Processional –Hear the stirring story of Christmas as told by a celebrity narrator
- Holiday Cookie Stroll– Guests can purchase five festive holiday cookies from around the World Showcase to get five stamps in their Festival Passport. Once completed guests can visit Holiday Sweets & Treats to receive a sixth specialty cookie
- Living with the Land: Merry and Bright Nights– This holiday overlay for EPCOT’s Living with the Land attraction brings festive lights and props to the attraction to celebrate the season.