Spirit Airlines ‘Free Spirit’ Loyalty Program
Spirit Airlines has announced big changes to its Free Spirit® loyalty program, giving members a faster way to earn rewards and status. The new Free Spirit® is launching on January 21, 2021.
“Loyalty programs should work for travelers whether they fly once a year, or once a week. You should be rewarded either way,” Spirit Airlines President and CEO Ted Christie said. “We decided to start with a clean sheet of paper and re-imagine what Free Spirit could be. Points don’t mean anything unless you can actually use them. Our new program lets everyone hold onto their points longer, which allows family vacationers, frequent travelers and people visiting loved ones to take advantage of Free Spirit’s new benefits and rewards.”
More Rewards, More Flexibility
The new Free Spirit is built around points because rewards will be based on dollars instead of miles. There is no need to crisscross the country when every booking, every bag and every Big Front Seat® is building up to the next big trip.
- Earn on Every Fare: Every member gets at least six points for every dollar spent on fares.
- Earn Double on Á La Smarte™ Options: Every member gets at least 12 points for every dollar spent on Á La Smarte options like seats and bags. That’s right: Double.
- Introducing Free Spirit Silver and Gold: Status holders earn more points on every fare and Á La Smarte purchase. Plus, status comes with benefits like free seat selection, free carry-ons and free checked bags.
- Every Seat, Every Flight: Our reward levels are always based on our fares. That means a Guest who finds a great deal in dollars will also find a great deal in points. Reward flights come fast, with reward redemptions starting at 2,500 points. Members can redeem points for reward travel with no blackout dates. If a seat is available for dollars, it’s available for points.
- Points Pooling: Eligible members can combine Free Spirit points with up to eight friends and family members to earn reward flights faster. That means More Go for everyone.
- Points + Cash: Book faster and fly sooner by redeeming as few as 1,000 points with dollars covering the rest of the fare.**
- Points that Last: Points don’t expire as long as members make a qualifying transaction to earn or redeem at least once a year. (Spirit credit card holders’ points will not expire as long as the account is open.)
- Lower Redemption Fees: Booking is easier than ever. The new Free Spirit features no redemption fees for anyone booking at least 90 days in advance and lower fees across the board for members booking closer to the time of travel. (Guests with Silver or Gold status on Spirit and eligible Free Spirit credit card holders do not pay redemption fees.)
Earn Status Fast and Enjoy Perks on Every Flight
The new Free Spirit will reward Spirit’s most loyal Guests with two new status levels: Silver and Gold. Every dollar spent on Spirit fares and Á La Smarte options—including extras like seats and bags—will earn Status Qualifying Points (SQPs) that get members closer to Silver and Gold status and benefits. Plus, every $10 spent on purchases made with an eligible Free Spirit credit card earns one SQP. Free Spirit status members get even More Go by earning points faster and enjoying enhanced benefits on the ground and in flight.
- Silver Members:
- Earn Silver status at 2,000 SQPs by spending just $2,000 on Spirit flights, or $20,000 on eligible Free Spirit credit cards, or a combination of the two.
- Earn eight points for every dollar spent on fares and 16 points for every dollar spent on Á La Smarte options.
- Free shortcut security (where available) and shortcut boarding (Zone 2).
- Free same-day standby.
- Free general seat selection 24 hours before departure with exit row availability three hours prior to departure.
- Dedicated Guest care phone line.
- Ability to create a Points Pool.
- No reward redemption fees.
- Gold Members:
- Earn Gold status at 5,000 SQPs, which requires $5,000 spent on Spirit flights, or $50,000 spent on eligible Free Spirit credit cards, or a combination of the two.
- Gold members will earn even faster with 10 points for every dollar spent on fares and 20 points for every dollar spent on À La Smarte options.
- Receive all Silver benefits.
- Free carry-on bag.
- Free first checked bag.
- Priority boarding (Zone 1).
- Free standard seat selection at time of booking (including exit rows).
- Dedicated Guest care phone line.
- Free Flight Flex, which offers a one-time change with no fee prior to 24 hours before departure.
- Free inflight beverage and snack.
To learn more about the new Free Spirit’s status levels, visit: https://www.spirit.com/free-spirit-status.
Earn More with a Free Spirit Credit Card
Spirit and Bank of America (in the United States) and Promerica (in Latin America) are teaming up to enhance the family of Free Spirit credit cards with new benefits and features that make earning rewards faster and easier. Eligible credit cards will make it even quicker for members to earn Free Spirit Silver or Gold Status. Plus, the new credit cards will offer benefits at the airport and onboard to make every flight even more enjoyable.
- All Cards:
- Points Do Not Expire: Credit card holders’ points are valid as long as their account remains open.
- Earn More on Spirit Purchases: Fares, Á La Smarte options and even onboard snacks earn extra points.
- Points Pooling: Credit card holders can create a points pool for themselves and up to eight friends and family members.
- Inflight Rebate: Credit card holders receive a 25 percent rebate on all inflight food and drink purchases.
- Shortcut Boarding: Credit card holders always get Zone 2 shortcut boarding.
- Eligible New Cards:
- Earn SQPs: Every $10 spent on purchases made with a qualifying Free Spirit credit card earns one SQP.
- No Redemption Fees: Qualifying Free Spirit credit card holders receive redemption fee waivers on every flight, every time.
- Companion Voucher: Each year, qualifying Free Spirit credit card holders will have the opportunity to earn one voucher good for up to $100 off a companion’s flight.
Information on each of the new credit cards—their new looks, names, offers and benefits—will be available closer to Free Spirit’s January 21, 2021, launch.
More Savings with Spirit Saver$ Club
The new Spirit Saver$ Club® throws Spirit’s value proposition into overdrive. Saver$ Club is the new name for Spirit’s $9 Fare Club, which is getting a makeover of its own. The $9 Fare Club has offered Guests discounted fares and bags for years. Saver$ Club builds on that value with discounted seats and other Á La Smarte options designed to make it the best deal in the sky. The Saver$ Club is a subscription-based membership that complements the no-cost Free Spirit program with additional savings and benefits available for a low, flat annual fee.
- Access to Exclusive Fares: Members get discounted fares for themselves and up to eight additional Guests booked on their reservation, which means everyone flying with them can benefit from their membership.
- Special Deals on Bags: Checked and carry-on bags are up to 50 percent off for members and up to eight additional Guests booked on their reservation.
- Save on Seats (NEW): Spirit Saver$ Club will allow members and everyone in their party to save on every seat, including Spirit’s Big Front Seat® and exit rows.
- Save on Á La Smarte Options (NEW): Discounts on time-saving options like Shortcut Security and Shortcut Boarding, along with Flight Flex, which offers flexibility for those last-minute changes.
- Save with Partners: Exclusive offers and great discounts from Spirit’s partners ranging from car rentals to wine club memberships.
- Flexible Memberships: Guests will be able to save even more with new 18- and 24-month membership options.
To get details on the Spirit Saver$ Club, or to enroll in the program, visit: https://www.spirit.com/savers-club.
Netflix To Start Declaring Its True UK Revenue Amid Controversy Over Its Low Tax Bill
Netflix has revealed that it plans to start declaring its true UK revenue amid growing political pressure on the streamer...
Donald Trump Is Still Tweeting False Information Alleging Voter Fraud
While most of us have moved on from the election, it seems like Donald Trump is still tweeting out false...
Barack Obama Gives Drake The Greenlight To Portray Him In Future Biopic
Barack Obama didn’t exactly say it was “God’s Plan” to have Drake portray him in a biopic. But he gave...
‘Act of kindness’: Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds give $500,000 to help at-risk youth in Canada
Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively are giving back as the holiday season kicks off, which has inspired some other celebrities...
Jay Cutler Hangs Out With Fired ‘Very Cavallari’ Star Shannon Ford
Jay Cutler had an interesting drinking buddy over Thanksgiving weekend — the former quarterback hung out with Shannon Ford, who...
Petition To Axe Amber Heard From ‘Aquaman 2’ Receives Staggering 1.5M Signatures
An online petition urging studio personnel to axe Amber Heard from the upcoming Aquaman sequel has received more than 1.5...
Jennifer Aniston Poses with Her Adorable Puppy Lord Chesterfield for Thanksgiving: ‘We’re Grateful’
Jennifer Aniston is giving thanks for her super-cute puppy! On Thursday, the Friends alum, 51, offered a glimpse at how...
Best and worst contracts of NBA free agency 2020: Clippers, Lakers find frontcourt bargains
NBA free agency started at 6 p.m. ET on Friday, Nov. 20. By the end of the weekend, nearly 90...
NBA free agency winners and losers: Lakers reload, Gordon Hayward gets paid and Pistons go big
This year’s NBA free agency period started with a slow drip of deals before turning into a steady stream of signings from...
NBA Draft 2020 team grades: Warriors draw aces; Hornets, Cavaliers produce some questionable answers
We have firmly established the 2020 NBA Draft will not be one of the most productive in the league’s history...
Giannis Antetokounmpo on Bucks future: It depends on what decisions they make
Giannis Antetokounmpo says his future with the Bucks depends on what decisions the team makes. The Bucks, who are eyeing a...
NBA trade rumors: Lakers expected to finalize deal for Thunder’s Dennis Schroder, per report
The Lakers aren’t resting on their laurels. Per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the defending champs are expected to finalize a deal...
James Harden trade rumors: Rockets star reportedly contemplating reunion with Kevin Durant in Brooklyn
James Harden is reportedly thinking about a reunion with Kevin Durant. According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, playing with KD and...
Nets playing for NBA championship, insists Steve Nash
Nets head coach Steve Nash said the franchise is “playing for a championship” as he prepares for his first season...