Spirit Airlines ‘Free Spirit’ Loyalty Program
Spirit Airlines has announced big changes to its Free Spirit® loyalty program, giving members a faster way to earn rewards and status. The new Free Spirit® is launching on January 21, 2021.
“Loyalty programs should work for travelers whether they fly once a year, or once a week. You should be rewarded either way,” Spirit Airlines President and CEO Ted Christie said. “We decided to start with a clean sheet of paper and re-imagine what Free Spirit could be. Points don’t mean anything unless you can actually use them. Our new program lets everyone hold onto their points longer, which allows family vacationers, frequent travelers and people visiting loved ones to take advantage of Free Spirit’s new benefits and rewards.”
More Rewards, More Flexibility
The new Free Spirit is built around points because rewards will be based on dollars instead of miles. There is no need to crisscross the country when every booking, every bag and every Big Front Seat® is building up to the next big trip.
- Earn on Every Fare: Every member gets at least six points for every dollar spent on fares.
- Earn Double on Á La Smarte™ Options: Every member gets at least 12 points for every dollar spent on Á La Smarte options like seats and bags. That’s right: Double.
- Introducing Free Spirit Silver and Gold: Status holders earn more points on every fare and Á La Smarte purchase. Plus, status comes with benefits like free seat selection, free carry-ons and free checked bags.
- Every Seat, Every Flight: Our reward levels are always based on our fares. That means a Guest who finds a great deal in dollars will also find a great deal in points. Reward flights come fast, with reward redemptions starting at 2,500 points. Members can redeem points for reward travel with no blackout dates. If a seat is available for dollars, it’s available for points.
- Points Pooling: Eligible members can combine Free Spirit points with up to eight friends and family members to earn reward flights faster. That means More Go for everyone.
- Points + Cash: Book faster and fly sooner by redeeming as few as 1,000 points with dollars covering the rest of the fare.**
- Points that Last: Points don’t expire as long as members make a qualifying transaction to earn or redeem at least once a year. (Spirit credit card holders’ points will not expire as long as the account is open.)
- Lower Redemption Fees: Booking is easier than ever. The new Free Spirit features no redemption fees for anyone booking at least 90 days in advance and lower fees across the board for members booking closer to the time of travel. (Guests with Silver or Gold status on Spirit and eligible Free Spirit credit card holders do not pay redemption fees.)
Earn Status Fast and Enjoy Perks on Every Flight
The new Free Spirit will reward Spirit’s most loyal Guests with two new status levels: Silver and Gold. Every dollar spent on Spirit fares and Á La Smarte options—including extras like seats and bags—will earn Status Qualifying Points (SQPs) that get members closer to Silver and Gold status and benefits. Plus, every $10 spent on purchases made with an eligible Free Spirit credit card earns one SQP. Free Spirit status members get even More Go by earning points faster and enjoying enhanced benefits on the ground and in flight.
- Silver Members:
- Earn Silver status at 2,000 SQPs by spending just $2,000 on Spirit flights, or $20,000 on eligible Free Spirit credit cards, or a combination of the two.
- Earn eight points for every dollar spent on fares and 16 points for every dollar spent on Á La Smarte options.
- Free shortcut security (where available) and shortcut boarding (Zone 2).
- Free same-day standby.
- Free general seat selection 24 hours before departure with exit row availability three hours prior to departure.
- Dedicated Guest care phone line.
- Ability to create a Points Pool.
- No reward redemption fees.
- Gold Members:
- Earn Gold status at 5,000 SQPs, which requires $5,000 spent on Spirit flights, or $50,000 spent on eligible Free Spirit credit cards, or a combination of the two.
- Gold members will earn even faster with 10 points for every dollar spent on fares and 20 points for every dollar spent on À La Smarte options.
- Receive all Silver benefits.
- Free carry-on bag.
- Free first checked bag.
- Priority boarding (Zone 1).
- Free standard seat selection at time of booking (including exit rows).
- Dedicated Guest care phone line.
- Free Flight Flex, which offers a one-time change with no fee prior to 24 hours before departure.
- Free inflight beverage and snack.
To learn more about the new Free Spirit’s status levels, visit: https://www.spirit.com/free-spirit-status.
Earn More with a Free Spirit Credit Card
Spirit and Bank of America (in the United States) and Promerica (in Latin America) are teaming up to enhance the family of Free Spirit credit cards with new benefits and features that make earning rewards faster and easier. Eligible credit cards will make it even quicker for members to earn Free Spirit Silver or Gold Status. Plus, the new credit cards will offer benefits at the airport and onboard to make every flight even more enjoyable.
- All Cards:
- Points Do Not Expire: Credit card holders’ points are valid as long as their account remains open.
- Earn More on Spirit Purchases: Fares, Á La Smarte options and even onboard snacks earn extra points.
- Points Pooling: Credit card holders can create a points pool for themselves and up to eight friends and family members.
- Inflight Rebate: Credit card holders receive a 25 percent rebate on all inflight food and drink purchases.
- Shortcut Boarding: Credit card holders always get Zone 2 shortcut boarding.
- Eligible New Cards:
- Earn SQPs: Every $10 spent on purchases made with a qualifying Free Spirit credit card earns one SQP.
- No Redemption Fees: Qualifying Free Spirit credit card holders receive redemption fee waivers on every flight, every time.
- Companion Voucher: Each year, qualifying Free Spirit credit card holders will have the opportunity to earn one voucher good for up to $100 off a companion’s flight.
Information on each of the new credit cards—their new looks, names, offers and benefits—will be available closer to Free Spirit’s January 21, 2021, launch.
More Savings with Spirit Saver$ Club
The new Spirit Saver$ Club® throws Spirit’s value proposition into overdrive. Saver$ Club is the new name for Spirit’s $9 Fare Club, which is getting a makeover of its own. The $9 Fare Club has offered Guests discounted fares and bags for years. Saver$ Club builds on that value with discounted seats and other Á La Smarte options designed to make it the best deal in the sky. The Saver$ Club is a subscription-based membership that complements the no-cost Free Spirit program with additional savings and benefits available for a low, flat annual fee.
- Access to Exclusive Fares: Members get discounted fares for themselves and up to eight additional Guests booked on their reservation, which means everyone flying with them can benefit from their membership.
- Special Deals on Bags: Checked and carry-on bags are up to 50 percent off for members and up to eight additional Guests booked on their reservation.
- Save on Seats (NEW): Spirit Saver$ Club will allow members and everyone in their party to save on every seat, including Spirit’s Big Front Seat® and exit rows.
- Save on Á La Smarte Options (NEW): Discounts on time-saving options like Shortcut Security and Shortcut Boarding, along with Flight Flex, which offers flexibility for those last-minute changes.
- Save with Partners: Exclusive offers and great discounts from Spirit’s partners ranging from car rentals to wine club memberships.
- Flexible Memberships: Guests will be able to save even more with new 18- and 24-month membership options.
To get details on the Spirit Saver$ Club, or to enroll in the program, visit: https://www.spirit.com/savers-club.
Cheryl Burke will be unavailable from ‘Dancing With the Stars’ after testing positive for COVID-19
Cheryl Burke will be unavailable from ‘Dancing With the Stars’ after testing positive for COVID-19 Cheryl Burke will be putting...
Shang-Chi Tops The Box Office For Fourth Straight Week In A Row
Shang-Chi has remained at the top of the box office for nearly a month, with four weeks and counting this...
19 year old TikToker GabeNotBabe died in a car accident: Fans are in disbelief
19 year old TikToker GabeNotBabe died in a car accident: Fans are in disbelief Gabriel Salazar, nicknamed GabeNotBabe, was a...
‘Demon Slayer’ Season 2 Release Date Revealed
The riddle of when Demon Slayer season 2 would be released has now been addressed, and it will certainly be...
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry promote vaccine equity during Global Citizen Live appearance
During an appearance at Saturday’s Global Citizen Live event in New York City, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry called for...
Watch Live-Action Cowboy Bebop’s Opening Credits
Cowboy Bebop, a science fiction neo-noir anime about a ragtag group of space bounty hunters, has received critical acclaim for...
Netflix released first look at Kanye West documentary ‘Jeen-Yuhs’
Netflix released first look at Kanye West documentary ‘Jeen-Yuhs’ Behind-the-scenes footage of West and his classmates from College Dropout will be...
WWE Extreme Rules 2021 Results: Winners, Ratings and News
WWE Extreme Rules 2021 Results: Winners and News The main event at WWE Extreme Rules 2021 featured Roman Reigns vs....
NFL Week 3: TV Schedule
On NFL Sunday last week, Fox only aired a single game regionally. CBS has been given the short end of...
UFC 266 results: Alexander Volkanovski defeats Brian Ortega
UFC 266 results: Alexander Volkanovski defeats Brian Ortega The bad blood between UFC featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski and challenger Brian...
UFC 266: Robbie Lawler win against Nick Diaz who gave it all he had
UFC 266: Robbie Lawler win against Nick Diaz who gave it all he had Robbie Lawler approached a sitting Nick...
Thousands of runners arrived on Summit County on Saturday for the Akron Marathon
Thousands of runners arrived on Summit County on Saturday for the Akron Marathon Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, the event...
NFL Power Rankings 2021: Top 10 Teams Heading into Week 3
Last week, a slew of new teams emerged. It’s still too early to tell which clubs are contenders and which...
‘I can’t stop laughing at this,’ says Conor McGregor, who is teased for throwing the ‘worst ceremonial pitch ever’ (VIDEO)
‘I can’t stop laughing at this,’ says Conor McGregor, who is teased for throwing the ‘worst ceremonial pitch ever’ (VIDEO)...
States with the highest and lowest credit scores
Despite the fact that Americans are suffering numerous obstacles as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, consumers are believed to...
Apple is planning to add COVID-19 vaccination cards to its Wallet app
Apple is planning to add COVID-19 vaccination cards to its Wallet app In an upcoming software update, Apple aims to...
RH launches a gallery at Oak Brook Center
RH launches a gallery at Oak Brook Center RH Oak Brook, The Gallery at Oakbrook Center, has opened in Oak Brook,...
Eargo has been slammed in a criminal investigation and has withdrawn guidance
Eargo has been slammed in a criminal investigation and has withdrawn guidance Following the news of a probe into insurance...
Ahead of Investor Day, Salesforce’s stock soars on a boost in revenue forecasts for 2022
Ahead of Investor Day, Salesforce’s stock soars on a boost in revenue forecasts for 2022 Ahead of an investor day...
Correlations are acute as the Dow meltdown triggers a forex crash
Correlations are acute as the Dow meltdown triggers a forex crash Because this is one of the busiest trading weeks...
Get $200 when you open a new account with Star Financial (IN)
Get $200 when you open a new account with Star Financial (IN) For new accounts opened in branch or online,...