Credit cards have a significant impact on how consumers make purchases and manage their finances. They are utilised for both everyday transactions and large-ticket things. Customers are increasingly looking for credit cards with additional advantages that fulfil their lifestyle needs.
The finest credit cards can earn points, provide purchase protection, interest-free financing, and other perks that are important to you.
Credit cards, when used correctly, can also help you build your credit. However, with so many credit cards to select from, it can be difficult to find the best card for your needs.
Best Credit Cards for December 2021: Find the Right Card for You
- Best Overall: Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards
- Overall Runner-Up: Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards
- Best for Travel: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Balance Transfer Runner-Up: Citi® Diamond Preferred® Credit Card
- Best Student Credit Card: Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students
- Travel Runner Up: Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Best for Cash Back: Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Cash Back Runner Up: Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Best Airline: United℠ Explorer
- Student Credit Card Runner-Up: Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards for Students
- Best for Business: Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
- Hotels Runner Up: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- Best for Balance Transfer: Citi Simplicity®
- Airline Runner-Up: Citi® AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
- Best for Hotels: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards
It earns unlimited 1.5 percent cash back on every transaction without remembering categories or registering for rewards. It boasts no annual cost, a big welcome bonus, and no FX fees.
Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
Get 3x points every dollar on your first $150,000 in annual business costs. Spend $15,000 in three months and get 100,000 points worth $1,000 cash or $1,250 trip.
Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students
This card gives a high earning percentage on all travel expenses. It has no yearly charge and no international transaction fees.
Citi Diamond Preferred
With the Citi Diamond Preferred, customers get 21 months of 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases. There is no yearly charge, but balance transfers cost 3%.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Also, the Chase Sapphire Reserve features a competitive welcome bonus. When booking travel, the points are worth 50% more and may be transferred 1:1 to various airline and hotel partners. Earn 5X total points on air travel and 10X total points on hotels and auto rentals when you book travel with Chase Ultimate Rewards(R).
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
This card earns 5X miles on hotels and rental vehicles booked through Capital One Travel. There are no blackout periods and the miles can be transferred to over ten loyalty programmes.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
You may earn unlimited 3% cash back on groceries and entertainment. Plus, spend $500 in the first three months and get a $200 incentive.
United℠ Explorer Card
There are several ways to redeem your miles from the United Explorer. Avail free checked bags, early boarding and two United Club passes per year.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card
Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after spending $3,000 on your new Card within 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Annual hotel and property credits, and access to over 1,200 lounges in over 130 countries.