Ricky Martin’s nephew drops harassment allegation
Ricky Martin’s nephew, who claims to have had a romantic relationship with the singer, has withdrawn harassment claims against him.
On Thursday, a judge in San Juan, Puerto Rico, removed a temporary restraining order against Martin. In light of the fact that “archived” is pending against Martin, police spokeswoman Axel Valencia says the order will be “is nothing criminal”
Following the ruling on Thursday, Martin made recorded statements in which he described the claims as “painful” and expressed gratitude to his fans.
“I have been working on stages for almost four decades, in the public eye and I have never, ever had to deal with something as painful as what I have experienced in the last two weeks. I was a victim of a lie. Unfortunately, the attack came from a family member who is sadly dealing with mental issues,” Martin said.
The only thing I wish him is the best and that he finds the light. Lies cause a lot of damage. It did a lot of damage to me, to my children, to my husband, to my parents, to my whole family. I couldn’t defend myself before because there is a process that I had to follow, where I was required to remain silent until I could speak out in front of a judge and that’s how it went,” the singer continued. “Thank you very much to all the unconditional fans who always sent me messages of love, positive messages. I insist, there is a God who rewards those who focus and live in the truth.”
Puerto Rican police served Martin with a restraining order on July 1. A family member told the Spanish news source Marca that his 21-year-old nephew wanted it. According to the report, Martin, 50, had a love involvement with his nephew.
Martin’s lawyer, Marty Singer, called the claims “untrue” and “disgusting.”
There has never been and never will be any sexual or romantic involvement between Ricky Martin and his nephew, according to Singer.
Attorneys representing Martin stated Thursday that the protection order had been revoked after Martin’s nephew had requested that the matter be dismissed, according to a statement.
There were no outside influences or pressure, according to the statements made by Joaqun Monserrate Matienzo and Carmelo Dávila as well as Harry Massanet Pastrana, who represented the accuser in the case.
That is what they said, adding that “This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them,” It is a relief for us to know that our client has been vindicated and can now move on with his life and career.”