In Pokemon Go, the Sun Stone is used to evolve several Pokemon into their final forms. Find out which Pokemon may evolve with the help of a Sun Stone and how to obtain one in-game.
The main series games made it difficult to find evolution items, but Pokemon Go makes it even harder because trainers can’t just go to a specific spot.
Like many other goods in Pokemon Go, the Sun Stone may only be obtained by pure luck.
Still, if you’re looking for information on where to locate a Sun Stone, which is necessary to develop Pokemon like Cottonee, Gloom, Lilligant, and Helioptile into their final forms in the game, you’ve come to the correct spot.
Know More: Pokemon GO: How to Beat Arlo
Pokemon Go: How to get a Sun Stone
Spinning PokeStops and Gyms is the only way to obtain Sun Stones. (and occasionally as Field Research rewards). Obtaining one of the stones is challenging, with a drop rate of only 1%.
The already low odds of obtaining a Sun Stone are further reduced by the fact that they are randomly distributed alongside the other Evolution Items in the game.
If you need a Sun Stone quickly, follow our advice:
- Attempt to spin as many PokéStops and Gyms as possible.
- To maximize the number of PokeStops you can spin in a short length of time, you should travel to a busy region with many of these locations.
- If you collect your PokeStop Daily Bonus for seven consecutive days in a row, you will unlock a rare evolution item. It could be the Sun Stone, if you’re lucky!
- Keep a watch out for special Field Research activities that can earn you evolution goods like the Sun Stone during special events.
While finding a Sun Stone won’t be quick or easy, it’s possible that perseverance will pay off.
All Pokemon in Pokemon Go that can evolve with a Sun Stone
In order to evolve, these Pokemon will need a Sun Stone:
|Cottonee||50 Cottonee Candy & Sun Stone||Whimsicott|
|Gloom||100 Oddish Candy & Sun Stone||Bellossom|
|Helioptile||50 Helioptile Candy & Sun Stone||Heliolisk|
|Petilil||50 Petilil Candy & Sun Stone||Lilligant|
|Sunkern||50 Sunkern Candy & Sun Stone||Sunflora|
Fortunately, only a small fraction of Pokemon require a Sun Stone to evolve, so you won’t have to track down an excessive number of the uncommon evolution artifacts to complete your collection.
Keep in mind that in order to evolve, each Pokemon needs a different amount of Candy, with Gloom needing significantly more in order to become Bellossom.
Sun Stone Pokemon Evolution Guide
Once you’ve satisfied the aforementioned conditions, you can develop your chosen Pokemon using a Sun Stone by doing the following:
- To access the Poke Ball menu, tap the button in the app’s lower centre.
- A selection of options will become available. To access your Pokedex, click the “Pokemon” option.
- Select the creature from the list that you would like to evolve into.
- If you complete the prerequisites, “Evolve” will appear under “Power Up” on the following window. Choose that.