The latest event in the Season of Mischief has debuted: Fashion Week! Trainers will be able to battle (and catch) costumed Pokemon in Raids and unlock numerous forms for the newly-released Furfrou during this week-long event. From September 21 at 10 a.m. through September 28 at 8 p.m. local time, there will be a new set of Timed Research activities to accomplish, as well as event-exclusive Field Research jobs that can be unlocked by rotating Pokestops and Gyms.
Everything you need to know about completing the Fashion Week Timed Research and Field Research activities, as well as the rewards you can receive, is listed below.
Pokemon Go Fashion Week Timed Research tasks & rewards
Step 1 of 5
- Take a snapshot of Shinx, Blitzle, or Furfrou in the wild – Kricketot encounter
- Make 5 Nice Throws – Skitty encounter
- Battle a Fashion Challenger – 1,000 XP
Rewards: Blitzle encounter, 10 Poke Balls, and 1,000 XP
Step 2 of 5
- Use 5 supereffective Charged Attacks – Mareep encounter
- Make 5 Curveball Throws – Roselia encounter
- Hatch an Egg – Cottonee encounter
Rewards: Butterfree encounter, 10 Poke Balls, and 1,000 XP
Step 3 of 5
- Take a snapshot of Kirlia or Skitty in the wild – Roselia encounter
- Make 5 Curveball Throws in a row – Fashionable Croagunk encounter
- Battle 3 Fashion Challengers – 3,000 XP
Rewards: Furfrou encounter, 10 Great Balls, and 1,000 XP
Step 4 of 5
- Complete 5 Field Research tasks – Fashionable Kirlia encounter
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row – Gothita encounter
- Win a Raid in under 60 seconds – Burmy (Trash) encounter
Rewards: Sneasel encounter, 10 Ultra Balls, and 1,000 XP
Step 5 of 5
- Take a snapshot of Sneasel, Croagunk, or Frillish in the wild – Fashionable Shinx encounter
- Make 3 Great Curveball Throws in a row – Minccino encounter
- Battle 5 Fashion Challengers – 5,000 XP
Rewards: Frillish encounter, Furfrou Wig, and 2,000 XP
Pokemon Go Fashion Week Field Research tasks & rewards
During Fashion Week, you can earn these event-exclusive Field Research tasks and rewards by spinning PokeStops and Gyms:
- Make 3 Nice Throws in a row – Furfrou encounter
- Make 2 Great Throws in a row – Frillish encounter
- Make 3 Curveball Throws in a row – Fashionable Blitzle encounter
- Take a snapshot of Butterfree, Shinx, or Blitzle in the wild – Fashionable Sneasel encounter
Pokemon Go Fashion Week special features
There’s a new Special Research tale that rewards you with a Meloetta encounter, in addition to Timed Research and Field Research assignments. Fashionable Trainers are now available at Pokestops, as well as Fashion Week avatar items. The arrival of Furfrou, the Kalos region’s Normal-type poodle, is a major new highlight of Fashion Week. Furfrou’s numerous forms (or Trims) can be unlocked by trainers, including special regional exclusives based on their location.
In Raids, as Research awards, and in the wild, new and returning dressed Pokemon will appear. Butterfree, Kirlia, Blitzle, Croagunk, Sneasel, Smoochum, and Shinx are among them. They might even be Shiny if you’re lucky.
Other changes include Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Smoochum in a Fashionable outfit, and Shinx in a Fashionable costume potentially appearing in the 7km Egg pool.