I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! preparations are well under way.
The first trailer for the series has dropped and a start date of November 2020 has been confirmed by ITV.
While the I’m A Celebrity line-up is yet to be announced, presenters Ant and Dec have been busy filming in Wales and new aerial shots of this year’s location in Gwrych Castle, Abergele, show just how much work is going on behind the scenes.
While the famous phone box, used for the Dingo Dollar challenge, has been spotted on set after being flown in from Australia, new images have also shown large cranes, workmen, vehicles and scaffolding.
New drone photos reveal the ongoing construction at Gwrych Castle as marquees and a large white structure were visible over the weekend.
It is believed ITV has forked out a whopping £1 million to host the 2020 series at the supposedly haunted 200-year-old castle.
But it has been reported programme bosses are now locked in “urgent talks” about axing the series due to the threat of another Covid-19 lockdown.
Current local lockdown rules in the surrounding areas, including the county of Conwy where the castle is based, bans people meeting anyone indoors who isn’t part of their own household. Local lockdown rules also state people can’t enter or leave the area without a reasonable excuse. And while it looks like restrictions in Wales could yet get tighter, ITV bosses still say they are proceeding as planned with the show.
As a result, producers have apparently considered postponing this year’s series, but locals say there has been no sign of work halting at the site over the past few days. And the town of Abergele is celebrating th arrival with its own makeover — you can see the pictures here.
Pub worker Marc Bowen, 45, of Abergele, said: “There’s been no let up as far as we can see, but you can’t get that near to the site due to all of the security.”
He added: “I’m sure it would be too costly for them to ditch at this stage, they will make it happen one way or another. The area is still buzzing with workmen.”
Local politicians also said last week that the show is not under threat despite new lockdown restrictions in surrounding Conwy and Denbighshire.
Councillor Sam Rowlands, leader of Conwy County Borough Council, said: “There are really good measures in place to ensure safety of staff and the community.
“And it is good to see and hear the support of Vaughan Gething, Wales’ health minister, and Dafydd Elis-Thomas [deputy minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism].
“With crew staying at the caravan park – the measures are all really good.
“Anybody going on site are getting temperature checks, filling in forms. They have very good procedures in place.
“You fill in a form, get a band, there is security. There is also a sense of normality which I think is important as it is also a place of work.
“They are doing more than enough.”
Construction to restore the castle and transform it for the new series began last month in preparation for the latest batch of celebs and Bushtucker Trials.
Kristin Cavallari on dating, ‘Laguna Beach’ reunion and that Stephen Colletti photo
Kristin Cavallari is in a serious relationship amid her divorce from Jay Cutler — with herself. The Laguna Beach alum,...
Jack In The Box To Give Away Free Face Masks That Smell Like Fried Chicken
TSR Foodies: If y’all are tired of smelling your breath all day wearing them face masks (shout out to y’all...
Jeff Bridges Announces He Is Battling Cancer
Jeff Bridges announced he is battling a potentially life-threatening illness Monday night, but he did so by invoking his famously...
‘DWTS’ Recap: Another Pair Gets Sent Home After Shocking Bottom 2
It was another emotional week on Dancing With the Stars. On Monday, October 19, the stars upped their games, bringing some...
Sofia Richie Is Dating Matthew Morton After Scott Disick Split
New couple alert! Sofia Richie has moved on with Matthew Morton two months after breaking up with Scott Disick, Us...
Jeff Bridges Says He’s Diagnosed With Lymphoma, Getting Treatment
Jeff Bridges is battling cancer … he just revealed he’s been diagnosed with lymphoma. The ‘Big Lebowski’ star just announced...
Lynsey Addario’s Powerful Portraits of Breast Cancer Treatment and Survival
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and since 2014 Stella McCartney has had an annual campaign to bring attention to...
Struggles by Bills, Josh Allen against AFC elite a cause for concern
8:10 PM ET ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Through the first four weeks of the NFL season, the Buffalo Bills looked...
‘Angry shark’ Alonso won’t distract Renault from 2022
Renault’s Cyril Abiteboul says the returning Fernando Alonso is like “a big shark”, but that his arrival in 2021 will...
NFL picks, predictions for Week 7: Seahawks silence Cardinals; Titans edge Steelers; Bears stay hot
Week 7 of the NFL season comes with several intriguing matchups. The Steelers and Titans meet in a battle of...
Sad Cowboys couple go viral in Dallas’ loss to Cardinals
Cowboys fans had plenty to be sad about during their team’s 38-10 loss to the Cardinals on “Monday Night Football.” Simply...
Gase on DC Williams’ veiled dig: ‘I wasn’t happy’
New York Jets coach Adam Gase, trying to keep his winless team from fracturing, wasn’t pleased that defensive coordinator Gregg...
Thornton spoke to Montana on leaving Bay Area
While considering a move to the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent, center Joe Thornton of the San Jose...
Nebraska QB Martinez keeps starting job vs. OSU
Nebraska junior quarterback Adrian Martinez will start this week’s opener against No. 5 Ohio State, coach Scott Frost said Monday....