Melissa Schuman accuses Nick Carter of sexual assault in a lawsuit
The former member of the Backstreet Boys, Nick Carter, is at the center of a legal maelstrom when it was revealed that he is being sued for sexual assault and battery by Melissa Schuman for an incident that occurred when he was 22.
The singer for the band Dream filed papers in court in 2017 regarding an incident that occurred while she was just 18 years old, in 2003.
The member of the Backstreet Boys forced her to have oral sex with him and then had oral sex with her against her will.
Page Six, who got these files on Tuesday, claims that Carter is then accused of forcibly stealing Schuman’s virginity.
She had already told him she was planning to put off having sexual relations until marriage.
Schuman initially went to the Santa Monica Police Department in 2017 to report the event and accuse Carter of rape.
However, she was told that the statute of limitations had run out and that Carter would not be prosecuted for the crime.
Carter has disputed these claims on multiple occasions and even sued Schuman in retaliation. He said that many ladies were working together to bring him down.
Carter’s attorney told Page Six, “Melissa Schuman has been peddling this tale for many years, but her allegation was false when she first made it in 2017, and it still is.”
“A judge in Nevada recently ruled, after receiving the extensive evidence we laid out, that there are strong grounds for Nick Carter to proceed with his lawsuit against Ms. Schuman for plotting to damage, defame and extort Nick, his associates, his family and his friends.”