The Apple Watch Series 7 was announced on Tuesday, September 14 during Apple’s “California Streaming” event. It was heavily highlighted in Apple’s September livestream, alongside the iPhone 13 lineup.
In case, you are trading the current iPhone for the newer 13 series. You’ll want to wipe all of your data before turning in your old iPhone for a discount on a new one, selling it, giving it away, or recycling it. Not only do you want to avoid your personal information falling into the wrong hands, but let’s face it: no one wants a phone full of your old selfies.
Here’s how to clean your iPhone once you’ve moved all of your data to a new phone (or backed up your data if you’re not getting a new phone):
Unpair and Disable Find My Phone Feature:
- Go to “Settings” > “Find My” > “Find My Phone” and toggle “Find My Phone” and “Find My Network” to off to disable “Find My iPhone.”
- Unpair all of your gadgets, including your Apple Watch.
- Turn off iMessages (just in case).
Sign Out From The Device
- Select “Settings” > [your name] top button > “Sign Out” from the drop-down menu (at the bottom of the page).
- Enter the password for your Apple ID.
- If you want to maintain a copy of your data on this iPhone, you’ll be asked. You don’t need to turn anything on if you’ve backed up your data and are preparing to wipe your phone.
- Tap “Sign Out” in the upper-right corner, then again “Are you sure?” which appears in a pop-up window.
Finally Erase the Device
- Eject the SIM card.
- Head to the “Settings” > “General” > “Transfer or Reset iPhone” and select “Erase All Content and Settings.”