How to use Microsoft Edge efficiency mode
Since its release, Microsoft’s Edge browser has steadily advanced. It is quick, has great synchronization, and supports a variety of extensions. Microsoft has also placed a strong emphasis on performance, both of Edge and of a PC as a whole. Utilizing efficiency mode, which lowers Edge’s CPU usage and, if the sleeping tabs feature is set, puts background tabs to sleep after five minutes or less of inactivity, is one of the simplest methods to lessen Edge’s performance penalty. Efficiency mode can help keep your PC working smoothly and is simple to turn on and off.
Turning on and off efficiency mode
Efficiency mode can be set to turn on at all times when a laptop is unplugged when the battery is running low, or never. It is simple to enable and disable efficiency mode.
- Select Settings by clicking the three-dot menu button in Edge.
- System and performance should be chosen.
- Choose what you want from the drop-down menu next to When the unplugged, low battery, unplugged, always, or never, enable efficiency mode. On many platforms, the “unplugged, low battery” setting behaves differently. Windows Efficiency mode activates on Windows when Windows Battery Saver mode does not. The efficiency mode on Mac OS activates when the battery level reaches 20%. Efficiency mode is by default disabled in Linux.
- When playing video games, efficiency mode can also be activated. Just switch the option on. With efficiency mode, you can make your PC gaming experience better.
- Note that you must have sleeping tabs switched on for efficiency mode to function. No matter how much time is chosen for “Put inactive tabs to sleep after the specified length of time,” when efficiency mode is enabled, tabs are put to sleep after five minutes or less. Efficiency mode has to be turned off in order to keep that setting.
Enable the performance button
Unhide the performance button from the toolbar to make switching between efficiency mode on and off simpler.
- Select Performance from the three-dot menu button. The performance button, which will appear as a filled heart, will then be enabled.
- When the performance button is active, click the three-dot menu button in its window, and then click the Show performance button in the toolbar.
- Now, changing the settings for efficiency mode only requires selecting the Performance button.