You can use your iPhone to manually open a weather app and check the forecast. You can also get this information via Siri.
However, if a storm is approaching or a severe thunderstorm is likely to strike your area, you may prefer to be alerted ahead of time.
In this post, we’ll show you how to get severe weather warnings on your iPhone in detail.
How to Turn ON Severe Weather Alerts on Your iPhone
We recommend installing a third-party trustable app for this. Take a peek around.
- To begin, go to the App Store and download Weather Underground.
- Start the app and provide it access to your location and notifications.
- When you’re inside the app, go to the upper right and tap the settings icon.
- Select Push Notifications from the drop-down menu.
- Enable My Location.
- Turn on the toggle for Severe Alerts and Significant Weather (if you see it).
You can also use the ‘Add Location’ button to add several cities to the list and receive notifications for each of them.