Sinnoh Stones are required to evolve some Pokemon Go species, but they’re not easy to come by. Here’s how to collect more Sinnoh Stones and evolve your Pokemon from the Sinnoh area, including Honchkrow.
Catching ’em all has always been the name of the game in Pokemon, and it’s no different in Pokemon Go. The majority of species may be caught in the wild or discovered in Raid Battles, while others must be evolved after collecting enough Candy.
However, some Pokemon require more than Candy to develop; they require unique materials that are difficult to come by. The Sinnoh Stone, which was released in 2019 and aids in the evolution of Pokemon into forms first seen in the Sinnoh region of Gen 4, is one of these goods.
You may be wondering where to look for Sinnoh Stones, what they’re used for, and which Pokemon may be evolved using them. In our Sinnoh Stone guide, we’ve answered all of your questions.
How to get a Sinnoh Stone in Pokemon Go
In Pokemon Go, there are three basic ways to obtain a Sinnoh Stone:
- Completing seven Field Research assignments to get a Research Breakthrough.
- Taking out the leader of Team Go Rocket.
- Defeating other Trainers in PvP bouts.
- In the Go Battle League, you can get a Mystery Item.
Completing Field Research assignments, which reward you with stamps, is the most common way to obtain a Sinnoh Stone. Every day, you can earn one stamp, and if you acquire seven, you’ll receive a Research Breakthrough, which could result in a Sinnoh Stone.
By beating a Team Go Rocket Leader, defeating other players in PvP Trainer Battles, or obtaining a ‘Mystery Item’ award in the Pokemon Go Battle League, you can earn a Sinnoh Stone.
As you can see, there are several ways to obtain Sinnoh Stones in the game, but they are not easy to come by. The techniques for obtaining this item are the same regardless of whatever Pokemon you desire to evolve.
How do you evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow in Pokemon Go?
Trainers will be able to find Murkrow all across the map during the Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour on Tuesday, October 26, 2021. To evolve Murkrow into Honchkrow, you’ll need 100 Candy and a Sinnoh Stone.
Fortunately, this Spotlight Hour is the ideal time to catch a large number of Murkrow, as they will be spawning more regularly. If you don’t already have a Sinnoh Stone, use the techniques listed above to obtain one.
Which Pokemon can evolve with a Sinnoh Stone?
In Pokemon Go, there are presently 18 Pokemon that can evolve with the use of a Sinnoh Stone. All of these forms originally appeared in the Sinnoh region of Generation 4 and evolved from prior generations.
A list of Pokemon that can evolve with a Sinnoh Stone and 100 Candy can be found below:
- Ambipom develops from Aipom.
- Lickitung becomes Lickilicky.
- Tangela becomes Tangrowth.
- Yanma transforms into Yanmega.
- Gallade (female) evolves from Kirlia (male).
- Frosslass evolves from Snorunt (female).
- Rhydon becomes Rhyperior.
- Electivire develops from Electabuzz.
- Magmortar is the result of Magmar’s evolution.
- Togetic becomes Togekiss.
- Misdreavus becomes Mismagius.
- Honchkrow develops from Murkrow.
- Gligar becomes Gliscor.
- Weavile develops from Sneasel.
- Porygon 2 becomes Porygon-Z.
- Roserade develops from Roselia.
- Dusknoir develops from Dusclops.
- Mamoswine develops from Piloswine.
Due to the scarcity of Sinnoh Stones in Pokemon Go, evolving each of these animals will take some time, especially because each one takes 100 Candy in addition to the Sinnoh Stone.
However, because they aren’t discovered in the wild, this is the best way to add them to your Pokedex for the time being – unless you have a friend who is prepared to trade them with you.