How to download and install the iOS 16 beta right now
We need to clarify the problem with beta software before we can explain how to get beta versions of iOS on your iPhone. For the uninitiated, betas are unfinished, which means you’ll most likely encounter problems, glitches, and even crashes that lock you out of certain aspects of your smartphone. To put it another way, the iOS 16 beta is unlikely to be as stable as Apple’s current version. This is true not only of the iPhone software, but also of the apps you have loaded – certain apps may run well in iOS 15, but crash when you launch them in iOS 16.
If you do decide to upgrade, we can’t emphasize enough how crucial it is to back up your iPhone using an archived backup before doing so. You won’t be able to recover from a backup if you go back to iOS 15 without an archived backup because Apple doesn’t support restoration data from newer software updates. In other words, if you back up your iPhone running iOS 16, you won’t be able to restore it to iOS 15. To archive a backup, go to Preferences > Devices in iTunes (or Finder on macOS Big Sur). After that, you’ll get a list of all your backups; right-click your most recent backup and choose Archive to prevent it from being overwritten.
How to Download and Install iOS 16 Developer Beta
- In Safari on your iPhone, go to developer.apple.com and log in using your Apple ID credentials.
- Navigate to the Downloads area of the left-hand menu.
- Tap the Install Profile button after scrolling down to the iOS 16 beta.
- A pop-up window will open, asking if you want to download a profile to your iPhone. Accept the offer.
- Go to the Settings app and select Profile Downloaded from the drop-down menu. If the iOS 16 beta profile does not appear, go to General > Profile and select it.
- To install the iOS 16 beta profile, tap Install in the top-right corner.
- Accept the terms of the developer’s permission form.
- To finish installing the beta profile, restart your iPhone.
- Return to the Settings app and navigate to General > Software Update after it has been restarted.
- The iOS 16 beta should appear – press Download and Install and wait for the upgrade to download to your iPhone.
- After the update has been downloaded, a pop-up will appear requesting you to install it. To install the iOS 16 beta update, tap Install.