How to block people on LinkedIn: Desktop and Mobile
Social media sites can occasionally feel unsafe, particularly if other users are actively harassing or bullying you. And to be completely honest, that kind of behavior can occur on any platform, including ones where you’d anticipate other users to behave in a more professional manner. Yes, there are bullies and creeps on even professional networking sites like LinkedIn. At least on LinkedIn, blocking them is a smart way to get that behavior to stop, if you’re in a position where another user won’t leave you alone. And whether you’re using a PC or a mobile device, we can show you how to do it.
Can you block someone on LinkedIn?
On LinkedIn, you may indeed block someone. And there are many other ways to go about it. In this post, we’ll concentrate on demonstrating how to accomplish it on both the desktop website (if using a PC) and the LinkedIn mobile app (if using a mobile device) in two different methods. On LinkedIn, blocking someone informally usually means they can no longer read your profile. However, it also implies that they will no longer be able to contact you and cannot send you messages. Before blocking people, make sure that you really want to do so by reading through LinkedIn’s extensive list of what will (or won’t) happen if you choose to do so. Additionally, you should be aware that there is a 48-hour waiting time before you can block someone again after unblocking them. Surprisingly, LinkedIn has a limit of 1,400 people you can block.
How to block people on LinkedIn: On desktop web
Here’s how to block someone on LinkedIn’s desktop website if you typically access the service on a computer:
- If you haven’t already, open your computer browser, go to linkedin.com, and log into your account there.
- Go to the person’s profile page that you want to block. Select the “More” button after that.
- Select Report/block from the drop-down option that opens.
- Select Block [person’s name] from the menu that appears on the screen. Then choose Block once more.
How to block people on LinkedIn: On the mobile app
The LinkedIn mobile app also allows you to blacklist users. Both Android and iOS smartphones should be able to use the methods below:
- Go to the profile of the person you wish to ban on the LinkedIn mobile app on your device.
- Choose the More button with three dots.
- Select the Report or Block option from the drop-down menu that displays.
- Select Block [person’s name] on the following screen.
- You’ll be asked to confirm your selection on the following screen. Choose Block to do that.