Do you want to know how to add friends in Lost Ark? Here’s how to play with your friends and make sure you’re all on the same game channel.
Players have been exploring Arkesia’s nooks and crannies in an attempt to learn its secrets as Amazon Games’ MMOARPG, Lost Ark, launches in beta in the West.
Despite its breathtaking new vistas and inventive classes, all MMO has one thing in common: you can’t get by without the support of your buddies.
So, if you’re wondering how to add pals in Lost Ark so you may fight the universe’s opponents in style, here’s all you need to know.
How to Add Friends in the Lost Ark
Fortunately, making new friends in Lost Ark isn’t as difficult as finding the priceless relic.
While you can add friends while they’re on the tutorial task, we recommend doing so once you get in Prideholme, as it’s the first place where you can meet up with other players.
To summon the cavalry, follow these steps:
- At the bottom left of the screen, select the “Community” tab (the speech bubble icon).
- Select friends from the drop-down menu.
- To make things a little easier, this is keybound to U.
- To make a friend request, click the ‘friend request’ button.
- Input your in-game friend’s name.
- Watch for them to say yes!
How to Form a Party
Of course, what good are some of Arkesia’s most fearsome warriors if they can’t annihilate the world’s most deadly beasts together? To invite a friend to your party, right-click their name and select ‘invite to party.’
The name and health bar for that character will appear on the left side of your screen, as well as on your minimap. Importantly, some tasks can only be completed by yourself; however, your accomplice will remain in your party and meet you on the other side.
How can you change the game channels in In Lost Ark?
You may notice that your buddies fade in and out of your game once you’ve added them. This is due to the fact that they are on a different game channel.
While you’ll have to modify this every time you go to a new location, once you’ve memorised it, it’ll become second nature.
To change the game channel in Lost Ark:
- Above the small map, go to the ‘Game Channel’ menu (see image above.)
- Choose the same channel as your pal (this is shown next to their health bar.)
- You’ll need to move to another channel if your friend’s is filled.
- You should now be able to play with your fellow party member.