Do you want to learn how to fish in Valheim? Here’s everything you need to know about catching fish, including where to acquire a fishing rod.
The survival world of Valheim forces players to fend for themselves in a harsh Nordic-inspired landscape rife with peril.
However, as your settlement expands, you’ll need to evaluate your leadership responsibilities. You’ll quickly understand that the flora and fauna surrounding you is crucial to maintaining a healthy community, from taming pigs to befriending wolves.
Fishing is a big component of gameplay, and it needs players to get a fishing rod and keep these slick little critters from wriggling out of their grip. So there you have it: how to fish in Valheim.
Where can I buy a fishing rod in Valheim?
While you can capture a few unlucky critters on the beach after a storm, the best way to catch fish is, of course, with a rod.
Bows and spears do not harm the fish, and you must pick them up on land, so grabbing them out of the water will not work.
To buy a fishing rod in Valheim, follow these steps:
- Haldor the Merchant can be found in the Black Forest biome.
- Because his location is random, you’ll have to do some searching.
- For 300 coins, you can purchase the Fishing Rod.
- Additionally, bait can be purchased for 10 coins for 50 bait.
How do you fish in Valheim?
Fishing may appear to be simple on the surface, but these elusive little creatures have a propensity of eluding capture.
To fish, you’ll need:
- Make your way to a body of water.
- To cast your line, press the attack button (defaulted to left mouse).
- The rod will be charged and thrown further if you hold attack.
- A fish has grabbed onto the bobber when it disappears underwater. To reel it in, hold the block button (defaulted to right mouse).
- To pick up the fish, press the use button.
- All of this needs stamina, so don’t squander too much of it! Also, if you are too loud, fish will escape, so keep your presence to a minimum.
If you catch the whole population of a pool, switch to another and then return, since the fish will reproduce again.
Valheim: Types of fish
While catching the serpent in the first picture may be difficult, you will have little trouble catching three different varieties of fish:
These can be used to make basic ‘cooked fish,’ but they’re much better when fashioned into fish wraps, which are helpful for keeping your stamina up late in the game. They’ll need four barley flour and two fried fish, so have your pole ready!