Exotic Weapons in Destiny 2 are undergoing major changes
Exotic weapons, both old and new, will undergo significant alterations in the upcoming Destiny 2-anniversary event, which will commemorate Bungie’s 30th anniversary. Of course, the adjustments to earlier Exotics are intended to make them more relevant in the current meta, whilst the tweaks to newer releases are intended to fine-tune them.
Although some of the finer specifics of the December 7 update remain unknown, we do know that the following weapons will receive buffs or nerfs: Lorentz Driver, Vex Mythoclast, Sleeper Simulant, Heir Apparent Catalyst, Arbalest, Malfeasance, Whisper of the Worm, Suros Regime, D.A.R.C.I., Traveler’s Chosen, Cryosthesia 77K, Leviathan’s Breath, and Fighting Lion are just a few of the titles available.
You can see all of the adjustments to the aforementioned Exotic weapons in the table below:
- Removed ability energy regeneration when picking up telemetry.
Dead Man’s Tale
- This weapon will get a significant buff to make the weapon tuned for a console. The Scout rifle will have increased reticle friction falloff distance. It will have less recoil and improved accuracy, note that this will have a reduced effect on mouse and keyboard.
- Aim Assist will decrease stat by 25, and Aim Assist will decrease for the Linear Fusion Rifle mode too. It will also need 3 eliminations for full Overcharge instead of 2.
- PvE damage will increase by 6%, and magazine size will be 4 instead of 3.
Heir Apparent Catalyst
- The catalyst will have reduced damage resistance against players in PvP by 50%.
- Will have Anti-Barrier as an intrinsic perk.
- Explosion damage increased by 50%.
Whisper of the Worm
- Tuned so players can use it in short damage phases. Damage is increased by 10% in PvE, and the Whispering Breath catalyst has a reduced delay. The White Nail magazine will refill 2 from inventory and 1 from thin air.
- Dual Mode Receiver will have a +30 range and +3 zoom.
- The sniper will have reduced flinch, recoil, and accuracy degradation by 50% when Personal Assistant is active. Also, the damage will increase by 50% in PvE.
- It will grant 10% ability energy per stack on activation and reduce stacks granted on a Guardian defeat from 3 to 2.
- Variable Trigger will be removed. Also, Charged Shot will move special reload, and revert back to Sidearm mode after firing a Charged Shot.
- This heavy ammo bow’s catalyst will have an additional perk called Archer’s Tempo.
- There will be no multi-hit requirement, and it will have an increased reload stat.