Cheryl Burke will be unavailable from ‘Dancing With the Stars’ after testing positive for COVID-19
Cheryl Burke will be putting her dance shoes away for the time being.
After feeling “run down,” the “Dancing With the Stars” pro disclosed in an Instagram video late Sunday that she had tested positive for a breakthrough case of COVID-19.
“I feel so bad. I feel so bad for Cody. I feel like I’m letting him down. I just feel like s–t,” Burke, who is completely vaccinated with the Moderna shot, said of her celebrity partner.”
“It’s so overwhelming because it’s Sunday and the show’s tomorrow. I figured I should let you guys know since I’ve been as open and as a real and as vulnerable as I could be here,” Burke continued. “I just hope I didn’t spread it. For those of you who don’t think COVID is a real thing, it’s f–king real, dude.
Burke, 37, said she’s been told to stay at home and quarantine for ten days, implying she’ll be missing next week’s program as well.
“Good Morning America” reported that Rigsby has been tested for COVID-19, and if his results come back negative he will perform with an alternate pro.
Other “DWTS” pros and close pals of Burke’s left her thoughts and prayers in the comments section.
“Oh babe I am so so sorry and devastated for you. I can’t believe it I’m thinking of you and praying for you,” Sharna Burgess wrote.
“Oh Cheryl I’m so sorry!!!! ,” Peta Murgatroyd commented.
“Cheryl I’m so sorry. I wish I could help in anyway,” Kaitlyn Bristowe wrote.
Burke and Rigsby made their dance floor debut last week, executing the tango to Dua Lipa’s “Physical” during the Season 30 premiere. The judges gave them a 24 out of 40 for their performance.