Connect with us

Lyrics

Alanis Morissette – Nemesis Lyrics

Published

on

“Alanis Morissette – Nemesis Lyrics”

[Verse 1]
So I opened the front door, you walked in all handsome
And ready for something you saw in my eyes
Right here, we sat and we tripped out
Saw celestial mosaics, and I fell and I crawled over and held your hand

[Pre-Chorus 1]
And nobody worried about the roof being blown off
So I went farther than I’d ever gone before

[Chorus]
Change, you are my nemesis
Transition, I hold my breath
This about-face, I’m excited, I’m excited yet
I’m filled with despair, anticipation and dread
This metamorphosis closed the door and opened a window

[Verse 2]
And so I climbed the stairs and bled, and here was a starseed
Right here he came to us in the bed in our bedroom
And you trusted me enough to follow me anywhere
Or the other way around, the other way around as well

[Pre-Chorus 2]
And I blocked my nose and dove in the deep end
And swam like my life depended on it, and it did
[Chorus]
Change, you are my nemesis
Transition, I hold my breath
This about-face, I’m excited, I’m excited yet
I’m filled with despair, anticipation and dread
This metamorphosis closed the door and opened a window

[Hook]
Oh, no
Oh, no

[Verse 3]
Right here, in this very backyard, we promised forever
And we put our helmets on and threw the confetti
And then there’s the phone call
Telling me to breathe in through my nose and out my mouth

[Bridge]
And out came our girl, faster than we thought
And now I am beyond recognition
I guess that’s a good thing, and still, I want to go deeper

[Chorus]
Change, you are my nemesis
Transition, I hold my breath
This about-face, I’m excited, I’m excited yet
I’m filled with despair, anticipation and dread
This metamorphosis closed the door and opened a window

What did Alanis Morissette say about the song Nemesis?

So the theory is that 20% of animals and humans are highly sensitive temperamentally, to the point where they take in 500 pieces of information when they walk into a room and the other 80% of people take in maybe 50 pieces of information. I’m a sucker for the subtleties, and I think that’s due to the kind of temperament I have. I think everyone is realising how adaptable they are right now, but change is hard. I’ve never been good with it, I’m always horrified. Later on, I can see what a great idea it was to make that change, but while I’m in it, there’s some profound suffering. It doesn’t mean I’m not making changes every day, because in order to evolve our consciousness we have to be willing to say goodbye to the old. That certainly has to do with becoming a mom—it’s just a complete head-spinner to go from not being a parent to being a parent. But it’s everything: It’s leaving Canada; it’s going on tour and saying goodbye to my friends; it’s coming home and saying goodbye to everyone on the road. I think that’s the nature of what life is: Life is change. It’s constant. But that doesn’t mean I won’t fight it, and resist like a professional resister.

–Alanis Morissette via Apple Music

Credits & Info

Written By Michael Farrell & Alanis Morissette
Release Date May 1, 2020

Aaron writes guides and news related to the games at TheWestNews.com. Apart from his passion for writing and playing games he's exploring new places around the globe.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest

Trending